Reuters US Domestic

US says Trump ordered video deleted, charges second employee in documents case

By Sarah N. Lynch and Jacqueline Thomsen WASHINGTON (Reuters) -Donald Trump ordered employees at his Florida resort to delete security videos as he was under investigation for retaining classified documents, U.S. prosecutors said on Thursday as they broadened the case against the former president and charged a second member of his staff with helping to …

US says Trump ordered video deleted, charges second employee in documents case Read More »

Factbox-The new charges in the Trump classified documents case

By Jacqueline Thomsen WASHINGTON (Reuters) – Former U.S. President Donald Trump and two of his employees are facing new charges in the criminal case over the retention of sensitive government records at Trump’s Mar-a-Lago estate in Palm Beach, Florida. Trump now faces 40 charges in the case, after originally being indicted on 37 counts last …

Factbox-The new charges in the Trump classified documents case Read More »

Judge orders 3 of the ‘Newburgh Four’ freed in New York synagogue bomb plot

By Rich McKay (Reuters) – Three men convicted more than a decade ago of plotting to blow up New York City synagogues, a Jewish community center and shoot down military planes, were ordered to be released from prison by a judge on Thursday who said they had been manipultaed by the FBI. In a scathing …

Judge orders 3 of the ‘Newburgh Four’ freed in New York synagogue bomb plot Read More »

US orders government personnel, family members to leave Haiti

(Reuters) -The U.S. State Department on Thursday ordered non-emergency government personnel and family members to leave Haiti as soon as possible, citing “kidnapping, crime, civil unrest, and poor health care infrastructure.” The State Department said U.S. citizens not working for the government should also leave Haiti as soon as possible “by commercial or other privately available …

US orders government personnel, family members to leave Haiti Read More »

Biden says Republican party is ‘undermining’ the nation’s military

By Andrea Shalal WASHINGTON (Reuters) -President Joe Biden on Thursday accused the Republican party of “undermining the U.S. military” by allowing Republican U.S. Senator Tommy Tuberville to block more than 300 U.S. military appointments over the Pentagon’s abortion policy. Tuberville, a social conservative from Alabama, began blocking confirmations to senior Pentagon posts in March to …

Biden says Republican party is ‘undermining’ the nation’s military Read More »

Randy Meisner, Eagles co-founder who sang ‘Take It to the Limit,’ dead at 77

(Reuters) – Randy Meisner, a co-founder of the Eagles who sang lead on the 1975 hit “Take It to the Limit,” died on Wednesday of complications from lung disease, the band said on its website on Thursday. He was 77. Meisner, a bass player, joined Glenn Frey, Don Henley and Bernie Leadon in forming the …

Randy Meisner, Eagles co-founder who sang ‘Take It to the Limit,’ dead at 77 Read More »

Larry Nassar victims sue Michigan State for withholding documents

By Kanishka Singh (Reuters) – A lawsuit filed on Thursday by former Michigan State University athletes victimized by Larry Nassar alleges that its trustees voted in secret to withhold thousands of documents related to the disgraced team doctor in violation of state law. “We contend that board members made a behind-closed-doors secret decision not to …

Larry Nassar victims sue Michigan State for withholding documents Read More »

US House approves first 2024 spending bill, delays a second

By David Morgan and Josephine Walker WASHINGTON (Reuters) -The U.S. House of Representatives on Thursday passed the first of 12 fiscal 2024 spending measures that Congress must enact by Sept. 30 or risk a government shutdown, but Republican infighting over spending levels clouded the path ahead for the other bills. The House voted 219-211 to …

US House approves first 2024 spending bill, delays a second Read More »

Close Bitnami banner
Bitnami